Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Quotes from Annelise

Part the Third: In which the travelers reflect on their conditions, and on those of the universe

"I'm just so funny everyone pays me."
Lori (preserved by Heather L)

"I'm really annoyed that I'm not being quoted. I say funny things. I keep track of them."
Lori (preserved by Katie P)

"If you are using that as a baby toilet, can't you use it for something else?"
Janet, in her sleep (preserved by Heather L)

"He used to tick you off, and now he offs your tick."
Rick to Tiffany about Matt and the tick surgery
(preserved by Bess)

"Mrs. Dalloway is the only thing I've written of [Virginia Woolf's]."
Kris T (preserved by Tiffany)

"I'm just saying what I like and what I like is her... Also, I like to know where the van is. Does anyone know?"
Bentley (preserved by Tiffany)

"Why do we eat roots of things? Like carrots were never meant to see the light of day and we like misappropriated them."
Katy A (preserved by Tiff)

"I don't hate homosexuals; it's God who hates homosexuals."
Jon S. (Tiffany's disclaimer: I don't know the context of this... I just overheard that one part).

Juli: [as she falls face first on the floor] "No internet!"
Katie: "How did you get there?"
Juli: "I just pushed the door open with my body!"
Katie: "Well, why didn't you make a louder thud?"
Juli: "I don't know! I'm a little person!"

Chris B: "What if there are more spiders?"
Whitney: "In the world, or in this room?"
Chris B: "In the world."
preserved by Lauren

"You are a powerful awkward magnet--like the giant horseshoe kind."
Lori, to Julianna (preserved by Katie P.)

"I think God must be the biggest nerd in the world--I mean existence."
Tiffany (preserved by Bess)

Bentley: "You must remember that you are a person and not a student. Don't let him suck your humanity."
Annelise: "Yes. You could end up like me." [frames her face with her hands].
preserved by Katie P

"Vegetarians should not be promiscuous."
Karla (preserved by Katie P)

"She is entertained by simple objects."
Bentley's translation summary of "She is going to start the satellite operation of Ziggy's redesigned lucet business in conjunction with Ruskin lace."
(about Katy A, preserved by Bess)

Kylie: "I saw a cow pee next to me."
Emma: "I peed next to a cow."
preserved by Roxanne

"I'm workin' on my fitness! You're my witness!"
Sydney (preserved by Heather L)

"David Bowie is like salt--he just enhances everything."
Bentley (preserved by Bess)

Heather L: "Does she have a large family and a brother named Erik?"
Rachel: "No, she only has two brothers."
Lauren: "But are they large?"

Heather L: "Is that cow wearing a sweater?"
Bentley: "Except that it's a horse, but yes...One of those riding cows."

Juli: "I'm going a little overboard with this febreeze-ing."
Lauren: "Is that what you're doing instead of washing your clothes?"
Juli: "Yes. It makes me feel better because I spray them and hang them up and they're clean in the morning."

Juli [while spraying febreeze in a ziplock bag containing her shoes]: "Here's my master plan--hang them up. And maybe if I zip the bag, it will be like a washing machine."

Juli [after her febreeze-ing]: "Mmm. Smells so clean over here."

"I've got my bare necessities: water and crotch powder."
Jon S when Bess looks at the content of his cargo pockets
(preserved by Bess)

"What would Darwin do?"
Bentley (preserved by Heather L)

"We could be seeing string theory!"
Tiffany about strange oily substance in water at Boscastle
(preserved by Bess)

No comments: