Thursday, May 7, 2009

1 May Blog Post by Whitney

…Today was really wonderful. I was leader of the day so at times it was sort of crazy dealing with hostel check out, transport, an eight mile hike, check in and dinner. But I think it went well. Our hike was heavenly. I spent a fair amount of time hiking by myself, enjoying the sounds of the forest. I love whenever moss grows on rocks or bricks or dead trees or graves. And here there was moss growing everywhere. Since the rain came and went, the smells of the forest were stirred up every now and then. It smelled heavenly. It reminded me lots of the north woods back home, but there was something different. Somehow the little differences in the soil, the plants, the air and the water created a new forest smell, almost more enchanting because somewhere in the back of my mind I knew I was in Scotland…

No comments: